Define a Term Paper
All your years as a student, you will never miss an assignment that needs you to conduct a scientific study. Most certainly, you might be asking yourself, “What is a term paper?” It is an academic-based study that students must work on and hand over at the end of the semester. It is assigned out to elaborate a problem extensively. The lecturer may further go ahead and ask you to present your document in Word, PowerPoint, PDF of a google link. Topics vary from case studies to a concept, an argument, event description. It is mandatory to make the paper as unique as possible. Term papers do not have fixed lengths, but your lecture can issue instructions on the sizes and structure.
The Structure of Research Proposal
Draft the outline while researching to get the ground to formulate your study. Your instructor could provide you with the format, but if not provided, see below the design.
- Cover page: It should have the student's particulars, the name, registration details registration, lecturer's details, and submission date.
- The abstract: Make this section less than a page while illustrating your study mentioning the topic, the reason for selecting that topic, and the goals to be achieved.
- The introduction covers the methodology used, problem statement, and the relevance of the topic.
- Body: Carriers, the critical points of the study, elaborated well for the reader to understand your work.
- Results Here, talk about how conducting the research changed your point of view on the case. Mention the differences encountered and witnessed. Be very careful or correlate this section to the introduction.
- Conclusion: A punching finish is advisable. You can pose a quiz to your reviewer to pursue the case later.
The Layout of an Academic Paper
To determine the formatting style to apply, check on the extent and technique. Always keep in mind all papers follow a specific layout. Failure to follow this principle, you risk being accused of piracy. The two acceptable formats are the American Psychological Association (APA) and Modern Language Association (MLA)
- APA style commonly used in social sciences: The style's outlook includes referencing a published book involves; mentioning the person who wrote the book, printing year, and the location.
- MLA Model is widely applicable in the field of Arts and Humanities. This model requires you to mention the author's names, date of publishing, and location.
The Procedure for Drafting Your Academic Assignment Document
- Selecting a subject matter through Brainstorm or read journals, magazines, or books to find to come up with a plausible subject matter. Alternatively, your lecturer may decide to provide you with one.
- Explore the subject thoroughly while noting down keywords.
- Prepare the layout while looking at the overall purpose, extent, and effects of the subject matter. Explore potential solutions for the thesis.
- Prepare the proposal sample: Integrate all the data gathered in writing.
- Write your paper: Work on the final copy following while following guidelines provided.
- Prepare the cover page. It should contain your identification details, tutor's particulars, course studied, faculty, and when to submission are due.
- Proofread while editing to remove grammatical errors
Finally, a focused student will heed to instructions to produce great term papers. Keep in mind end of semester assignment carries significant weight on the final grade.